2008 to 2009 Migration for Schools with their own Server
1. Insert the 2009 SOS Application disk in the CD-Rom drive.
2. On the pop-up window, click "SQL Express & Local Database", click Install again, and then click Ok.
3. On the next two screens click Next.
4. Next you see the Migrate screen. This beings the migration process. Click the box that says Migrate, then click Next.
5. Click Finish when that button appears.
6. Click Ok, then Close, and Close again.
7. Next you must remove the 2008 application. Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs (for Windows Vista, click on Programs then click on 'Programs and Features')
8. Locate Switched-On Schoolhouse 2008 School Edition and click Remove.
9. When the confirmation box appears, click Yes. When this box disappears, the removal process was a success.
10. Exit Add or Remove Programs and then close Control Panel.
1. Double-click My Computer (in Windows Vista it is just called 'Computer') and the drive containing the SOS Application disk.
2. On the Setup window click the middle choice, Admin, Teacher, and Student.
3. Click Install, then click Ok, and then click Next.
4. Click the box to agree to the licensing terms, then click Next and Next again
5. Now, select the location of your 2009 Curriculum. You can enter the path, browse to the folder, or leave this blank if it's not been setup or you are unsure of its location. Click Next and then Install.
6. When the install is done, click Finish, then Ok, Close, and Close again.
Remote Access and Sync Server Installation
Note: The next steps are required only if you use or plan to use DL Sync or Remote (Student or Teacher). If you do not use Synchronization or Remote Access in SOS, skip to step 17. These are the instructions for removing and reinstalling the 2006 Sync and Remote Access Servers.
1. On the Web Server (usually the same server where the admin program is installed), open Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs (for Windows Vista, click on Programs then click on 'Programs and Features').
2. Locate Switched-On Schoolhouse Remote Access Server. Click Remove and then click Yes on the confirmation box that appears. The server is removed from the list.
3. Locate Switched-On Schoolhouse Synchronization Server and click Remove. Click Yes when the confirmation box appears. The server is removed from the list.
4. To reinstall Sync Server and Remote Access Server, Put the 2009 Sync Server and Remote Access Server CD in the CD drive. A window opens to display options to install Remote and/or Sync. If this window does not appear, open My Computer (in Windows Vista it is just called 'Computer') and double-click the CD-Rom drive with the SOS disk in it. The window should then open.
5. Click Remote Access, then click Install, then Ok, and then Next.
6. Identify the SQL Server Instance. If installing on the same machine where you installed the database, type (LOCAL)SOSSCHOOL50. If your database is installed on a different machine, use the small arrow to the right of the text box to select that machine, and then click Next.
7. Create a username and password. Create these and confirm your password by typing it twice. (You do not need to remember this.)
8. Click Next, then Install, then Finish, then Ok, and finally click Close.
9. To install Synchronization Server, repeat steps 10-15, selecting Sync in step 11 instead of Remote Access.
10. Remove the 2009 Sync Server and Remote Access Server CD from the CD drive.
11. Locate the SOS Admin shortcut on your desktop and double-click to open the application and confirm that your existing data migrated.
If at any time you get any errors or have any problems while performing these steps, please stop immediately (DO NOT CLOSE ANY ERROR MESSAGES) and call the Tech Support toll free number, 800-735-4193, for further instructions.
• If you have students currently working in 2008 (or older) curriculum, they still must use the subjects from the year assigned, so do not remove prior year subject folders. They do not start using 2009 curriculum until they are assigned 2009 subjects.
• We do NOT recommend removal of prior year subject folders as it is then impossible to view any work done in prior year subjects.